Are you tired of feeling uninspired and unproductive in your home office? Look no further! In this blog post, I’ll be sharing with you five essential design hacks that will transform your workspace into a more inspiring, efficient, and organized environment. From the perfect lighting to the ideal storage solutions, these simple yet effective tips will help you create the ultimate home office setup that will boost your creativity and your workflow. So, let’s dive in and start exploring the design hacks you need to know!
DESIGN HACKS! 5 Things Every Home Office Needs
Are you working from home and struggling to be productive? Do you want to improve your home office setup but don’t know where to start? Look no further! In this article, we’ll be discussing the top 5 things every home office needs, along with bonus tips on desk placement and recommended products for a comfortable and functional workspace.
With the rise of remote work, more people are working from home than ever before. While it can be convenient to work in your pajamas, it’s important to have a functional work environment to ensure productivity and comfort. Let’s dive into the top 5 things every home office needs.
One of the most important things for a home office is a comfortable chair. You’ll be sitting for hours on end, so it’s important to invest in a chair that provides proper support and comfort. The Herman Miller Aeron Chair and Humanscale Liberty Chair are highly recommended options for ergonomic office chairs.
Sizable Work Surface
Having a sizable work surface is also crucial for a home office. You need enough space to accommodate your computer, paperwork, and anything else you might need to work on. Consider getting a desk with drawers or shelves for extra storage.
Storage is key for keeping your home office organized and clutter-free. Consider investing in a cable/cord management box to keep cords and cables out of sight. A cable management railway and raceway kit can also help keep cords organized and tidy.
Good lighting is essential for any workspace, especially if you’re working long hours. Invest in a good task lamp to avoid eye strain and headaches. Having a well-lit workspace will also increase your productivity and focus.
Artwork or a View
Lastly, add some personality to your workspace with artwork or a view. Having a view of nature or something calming to look at can reduce stress and increase creativity. Adding artwork can also make your space feel more inviting and comfortable.
In addition to the top 5 things every home office needs, here are some bonus tips for desk placement and finding the perfect desk size:
Desk Placement Dos and Don’ts
- Do: place your desk near a window for natural light and a view
- Don’t: place your desk facing a wall or corner
- Do: place your desk in a room with a door for privacy and focus
- Don’t: place your desk in a high-traffic area
Finding the Perfect Desk Size
Measure your workspace and consider how much storage and surface area you need. A good rule of thumb is to leave at least 31 inches of clearance between the desk and any walls, furniture, or other objects. You also want to make sure your desk is at a comfortable height for your arms and back.
In addition to the top 5 things every home office needs, here are some recommended products for a comfortable and functional workspace:
- Herman Miller Aeron Chair
- Humanscale Liberty Chair
- Cable/cord Management Box
- Cable Management Railway
- Cable Management Raceway Kit
Investing in a comfortable and functional home office is crucial for productivity and focus. Remember the top 5 things every home office needs: a comfortable chair, sizable work surface, storage, task lighting, and artwork or a view. Follow the bonus tips on desk placement and finding the perfect desk size, and consider investing in the recommended products listed above.
- How important is it to have a comfortable chair for a home office?
- It’s crucial for your comfort and posture, which can affect your productivity and overall well-being.
- Can a well-lit workspace increase productivity?
- Yes, good lighting can reduce eye strain and headaches, and increase focus and productivity.
- Why is storage important for a home office?
- It keeps your workspace organized, reduces clutter, and can make you more efficient.
- What are some recommended products for a home office setup?
- Check out the Herman Miller Aeron Chair, Humanscale Liberty Chair, cable/cord management box, cable management railway, and cable management raceway kit.
- Where can I find more interior design tips for my home office?
- Subscribe to Julie Khuu’s YouTube channel for more interior design tips, and connect with her on social media for daily inspiration and updates.