Welcome to our latest blog post where we bring you an exciting renovation project – Dave and Jenny’s favorite renovation project from #HGTV’s popular show, “Home Town Takeover”. If you love renovation shows, you will find the transformation of a neglected small town in Alabama into a lively and revamped community, truly inspiring. Keep reading to get an inside look into how Dave and Jenny worked their magic and created a beautiful space that we can all learn from.
Dave & Jenny’s Favorite Renovation Project: A Showcase of Their Creativity and Expertise
Home renovation and remodeling can be a daunting task, but with the right professionals, it can transform any space into a beautiful and functional place to live. Dave and Jenny Marrs are renowned renovation experts who have transformed homes in their hometown of Bentonville, Arkansas, and beyond.
In this article, we’ll showcase Dave and Jenny’s favorite renovation project and highlight their creativity, expertise and passion for making every home renovation project special.
Before we deep-dive into the renovations that made this project one-of-a-kind, let’s first talk about the couple and how they became passionate about home renovation.
- Dave and Jenny met in Haiti, where they both lived and worked for several years.
- They moved to Bentonville in 2004 and started Marrs Developing LLC, a property development company.
- They have been featured on HGTV’s “Fixer to Fabulous” and were selected as the hosts of “Home Town Takeover.”
Dave and Jenny’s favorite renovation project is a 1948 Craftsman bungalow located in the heart of Bentonville. The house was in poor condition and hadn’t been updated in decades. The couple saw the opportunity to transform it into a livable and beautiful space for a family of four.
- The house was small, with limited space to work with.
- The living room area was too cramped.
- The kitchen was outdated, with old cabinets and fixtures.
- The bathroom was small and required a complete overhaul.
- Dave and Jenny removed walls to open up the living room and increase the living space, resulting in a brighter and more spacious area.
- They added custom built-ins, transforming an unused closet into a functional workspace and storage area.
- Dave and Jenny extended the kitchen to create a larger and more functional kitchen with new cabinets, countertops, and appliances.
- They gutted the old bathroom and added a new vanity, shower, and fixtures, making it more functional and modern.
The result of these renovations was a cozy, functional, and beautiful space that a family of four could call home.
The Design Elements
The project’s design elements were inspired by the Craftsman style, incorporating the following elements:
- Shaker-style kitchen cabinets with modern hardware
- Subway tile backsplash
- Dark-stained oak hardwood floors
- Wainscoting walls painted white
- Original brick fireplace with new custom mantle
Dave and Jenny are a true testament to the power of home renovation. They have transformed many homes throughout the years, and their favorite renovation project is a beautiful example of their expertise, creativity, and passion for making every space functional and beautiful.
Follow Dave and Jenny on their social media platforms and learn more about their home renovation projects:
- Visit HGTV’s website to find more great content from Dave and Jenny.
- Stream full episodes and get inspiration from their TV show “Fixer to Fabulous.”
- Subscribe to HGTV’s YouTube channel for DIY tips and renovation inspiration.
- Follow Dave and Jenny on Twitter and like them on Facebook for updates on their latest projects.
- Join HGTV’s community and share your home renovation experiences with other enthusiasts.
5 Unique FAQs After The Conclusion
- What are some common challenges that Dave and Jenny face during renovation projects?
- Can Dave and Jenny work with homeowners outside of Bentonville, Arkansas?
- How long does a typical renovation project take?
- How can homeowners achieve a specific design style in their homes?
- What advice do Dave and Jenny have for homeowners who want to start their renovation projects but don’t know where to begin?